Information Overload

I've been thinking a bit lately about how information I've been ingesting. On Google Reader, between around 20 subscribed blogs, I currently have over 200 unread posts. On Itunes, I have 300 new podcast episodes waiting for me. On Sunday mornings, I listen to a sermon on my Ipod before I arrive to church. I buy books far faster then read them. Is it any wonder that I find it harder and harder to take quiet time with God.

My friend Shane  just posted this video earlier today. It astonishes me to see how fast we're moving and it's exponential. We're moving far faster then we can possibly learn to catch up to. Give it a watch and let  me know what you think.



Lord, free me from the addiction to information and cure of my quest for control,
Stan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to this

Lord, free me from the addiction to information and cure of my quest for control.


Good to see you getting to grips with idols in your life. of these things im proud.

Richie