Alexandra Burke

I'm not ashamed to say that I've enjoyed watching the X-Factor over the last few months. It's beens an interesting contest with the winner emerging fairly late in the game, compared to the ones who's been getting all the press attention. Well you know what they say about cream: it rises to the top.


These two video are ones that I've found myself watching several time over the last couple of evening.

In the first, the eventual winner, 20 year old, Alexandra, performs a duet with her musical hereo, Beyoncé.
Look at the joy on her face. Look how happy her friend and mentor, Cheryl Cole, is. This video just makes me feel good.



Her second is her performance of the winners' single, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. This is a classic song and one of my favourites. It conveys the story of David and Bathsheba and how through his adultery and subsequent murder of Bathsheba's husband, he lost his relation to God. It's a song about emotion and despair. I was sceptical that the X-Factor could ever do this song justice but I'm astounded.


0 comments: