Stan Story: The Saga Begins.....

Tonight, in Gap, I had the opportunity to share a bit of my story about and how I got closer to God in time. The problem was I wasn't that well-prepared and I only had ten minutes. What I'd like to share in a series of post is the extended version. So, each post is going to be a part of my story and and an application of something I learned from or gained from that experience.

Keep in mind when I say stuff I learned, I don't mean learned as in just knowledge but more something I learned a deep heart level. I think the beliefs and experiences we have in our Christian walk make a bit part of who we are.

So I begin...

Born 22nd January 1986 in Dublin City, Ireland.


I was raised in at typical Irish Catholic family, so since the beginning of school, I knew a little bit of the Bible and about Jesus.

Since as long as I can remember, my family background has always been incredibly difficult. My mother since before I was born has suffered from Muliple Sceloris which is a paralysing disease. So, rather then the traditonal mother-look-after-child scenario, its always mean the opposite. I'm not saying this to look for sympathy but because through the difficulties of the this, I've learned one of the key points of the Gospel: this world that we now inhabit is not how it's supposed to be. It's broken on a deep level and the ideal is far from the reality.

Although, I didn't know the Gospel yet, I knew this in a deep way.

I think everyone feels this brokeness somewhere in their live and worlds. Walking throughs the streets of Dublin City, it's tangible.

I also believe that God can use the evil or dark things in the world and work His purposes through them, so I'll explain next time how God used my family situation to bring me to Him.

0 comments: