Long Due Update

Ok, so after my blog enthusiasm in April, I've been kinda lacking in the post front. I flakingly promise to post more, but for now here's a quick update on myself.

As many of you know, I've been applying for an aprenticeship in Grosvenor Baptist Chruch. The last month I've been engulfed in a tension between whether I'd be staying on in City Gates or starting something new in Grosvenor. I got the answer yesterday morning. I'm going to continuing in City Gates. Honestly, I feel great about this result. Doing an apprenticeship would have been great but my work in City Gates has really been building up to now.

In the last week, the Gap leadership team have realised much more what we're facing in the future when the Gasons leave their position. We're going to have to depend on and trust each other more then we ever have. I've always felt like in some ways an outsider and I've kinda embraced that identity in most areas of my life. Maybe now is the time that that has to end.

We're facing a time when none of what we do, we can do on our strength. We have to follow God very, very closely. If you're reading this, please pray for myself and the rest of the leadership in both Gap and City Gates generally. We need wisdom, peace and guidance. I am however very, very hopeful. This is going to be a good stage for me personally and for Gap. I don't know what qualifies me to say that but I believe it.

I'm finished my first year in IBI (so I'm halfway through the certificate) and happy with my results. (A in New Testament - Boo yeah!!!) I've been surounded by a great group of people in both my class and faculty. I've never looked forward to Tuesdays so much.

Tomorrow morning is Alex and Linda Sunday in City Gates where we'll get an opportunity to share our gratitude with the Gasons for the last three years. I'll post a but more about that in the next few days.

0 comments: